6.22.2011

Book Preview: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?

Mindy Kaling
Crown Archetype, 2011
224 pages
hard cover

_____________________________________________________

To be clear, this book won't be out until November, and I've only read selected excerpts.

But I like what I've seen. It's difficult to tell from the selections how cohesive the book is likely to be as a whole; the flavor thus far is very sort of Dave Barry essay-esque. And so there's a lot of humor, which one would expect from one of the writers and actors for The Office, but also some sensitivity and sweetness.

Then again, maybe I only like it because I can totally relate to Kaling's high school experiences and the fact that she likes Sherlock Holmes.

In any case, IEHOWM? is on my Amazon.com wish list. You know, if anyone is looking to buy me something. In November.

No comments: