9.08.2015

Television: Fall Premieres

Variety has posted a list of upcoming premieres. What are you looking forward to seeing, either coming back or trying as new?

I'll admit I'm curious about the TV version of Minority Report. And I'll be trying this season's American Horror Story because I think hotels are a great location for that kind of thing (witness my short play-turned-film "Warm Bodies"/Adverse Possession). Also, I really liked that show Hotel when I was a kid? Remember that one?

What I'd love to find, though, is a good comedy. So if anyone has suggestions on that, I'm all ears. It's true that television is offering some of the best drama writing (and direction and cinematography) these days, but now everything is so heavy and dark, I really need some levity in my viewing diet! My tastes run to things like 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, The Office, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Community . . . Anyone? Anyone? Seriously, I'd write one myself except it's not my strength. Drama is easy; comedy is hard. I think because drama is a broader mark, and comedy you have to bullseye every time.

Anyway, mark your calendars.

Or, you know, just set your DVRs. Then you don't need the calendar.

3 comments:

Christine Rains said...

I don't have any comedies I regularly watch any more. I gave up on Modern Family last season. Let me know if you find a good one.

M said...

We gave up on Modern Family a couple seasons ago as well. Just didn't find it funny any more. Thinking of trying The Grinder, though.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

I am curious about Minority Report series as well since I loved the movie. Will also be checking out Blindspot tonight but my expectations are hedged.