11.16.2015

Television: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I think I'm just about done with this show.

Andrew is Lash. They subdue him and store him for later. Coulson does the dirty with Rosalind. Then we find out she's the bad guy we pretty much figured she was from the start.

Really, my problem is that almost no one ever stays dead. There's nothing at stake, no real risk. There's always a chance someone will be resurrected. Which means if a character dies, so what? And that means I have no reason to care.

Sure, half the fun is in getting there. But lately I haven't found this show to be very fun. In the world of road trips, this would be the long, boring stretch across the plains. Every now and then you might see a tree, or a dilapidated barn, but there's not anything to get excited about. S.H.I.E.L.D. makes me want to whine, "Are we there yet?" every five minutes.

So I don't know. I may give it one or two more episodes, but if something amazing doesn't happen, this one may be falling off my DVR.

No comments: